FINAL SCORE: #2 Rochester College 0, #6 University of Cincinnati-Clermont 2
FIRST SET: 19-25 | SECOND SET: 23-25
LOCATION: Dana Hall, SUNY Canton
TOURNAMENT RECORDS: Rochester College 1-1, University of Cincinnati-Clermont 2-0
ON THE COURT: In the first upset of the day in pool play B, #6 University of Cincinnati-Clermont defeated #2 Rochester College in two sets, 2-0 (19-25, 23-25), to improve their record to 2-0 in the pool play portion of the 2014 USCAA Volleyball National Championships.
In an intense first set that saw several lead changes, #6 Cougars ultimately took advantage of 10 Warrior errors to earn a 19-25 first set victory. The second set of the match featured back and forth action between the teams and came down to the very end. With the Cougars up 22-19 and looking to secure the upset, Rochester dug deep to tie the set at 23 apiece. However, the Cougars would counter the warriors run with two straight points to win the match.
- Junior, Kaitlyn Miller, recorded a .478 hitting percentage for the Cougars with 12 kills and 1 error
- Sophomore, Taylor Hermann, led the Cougars with a game-high 15 digs
- Junior All-American, Paige TenBrink, led the way for the Warriors with 6 kills and 9 digs
- Junior, Kayla Loepp, recorded a game-high 15 digs for Rochester College
- University of Cincinnati-Clermont held a 55-38 dig advantage over Rochester College
PLAYER OF THE MATCH: Kaitlyn Miller, University of Cincinnati-Clermont
NEXT UP: #2 Rochester College will face #10 Concordia College-Alabama at 11:30am Friday morning in the Convention, Athletics, and Recreation Center (CARC). #6 University of Cincinnati-Clermont will face the host of the 2014 USCAA Volleyball National Championships, SUNY Canton, at 10:00am Friday morning in the CARC.