FINAL SCORE: #6 University of Cincinnati-Clermont 2, #10 Concordia College-Alabama 0
FIRST SET: 25-22 | SECOND SET: 25-17
LOCATION: Dana Hall, SUNY Canton
TOURNAMENT RECORDS: University of Cincinnati-Clermont 1-0, Concordia College-Alabama 0-2
ON THE COURT: #6 University of Cincinnati-Clermont Cougars defeated the #10 Concordia College-Alabama Hornets in two straight sets, 2-0 (25-22, 25-17), to get to 1-0 in pool play B. In a tightly contested first set, the Cougars were able to record 11 kills to give them a slight advantage over the Hornets to take a 1-0 lead in the match.
In a back and forth second set, the Cougars were again able to take advantage of their efficient play as they recorded 14 kills for a .146 percentage. Throughout the entire match, the University of Cincinnati-Clermont held a 25-18 kill advantage over Concordia College-Alabama to seal their first victory of the day.
- USCAA Second Team All-American, Alex Robb, recorded 21 of the Cougars 22 total assists
- USCAA Second Team All-American, Amber Lawrence, recorded 8 kills on 15 total attacks
- Sophomore, Taylor Herrmann, led the Cougars with 15 digs
- USCAA Honorable Mention All-American, Precious Watkins, led the Hornets with 11 digs
- Sophomore, Keegan Snowden, recorded 4 kills on 12 total attempts
PLAYER OF THE MATCH: Amber Lawrence, University of Cincinnati-Clermont
NEXT UP: The University of Cincinnati-Clermont takes on #2 Rochester College at 3:45pm while Concordia College will play their third game of the day against Penn State Fayette at 5:00pm.